A “Home” for Phoenix
The model for Hope Women’s Center is to provide women a center that feels like a “home”.
Providing a Safe Place to Call Home
A safe “home” speaks deeply to a woman’s soul and a home includes a kitchen for nourishing meals and community gatherings, as well as bathing/shower facilities for homeless women in need of a place to shower and receive clean clothing.
We are excited to announce that we have found a permanent “Home” for our Phoenix Center that includes the following:
- High need area
- Accessible by public transportation
- Easily visible for people to find
- Multiple classroom spaces, multiple mentoring offices, administrative office space
- Women’s Boutique and subsequent storage for out of season or overflow items
- Large space for our children’s program
- Ample parking
- Large room for bigger group gathering
- Facility that will allow for a client garden
- Kitchen to teach nutrition & cooking classes and host community meals
- Shower facilities to serve the many homeless women that come in for resources
- More space for our ongoing partnership with AZ Foster Care Initiatives in working with birth moms whose kids are in foster care or at risk of foster care
- Partnership with Living Hope Centers who will lease space to provide pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, options counseling, and support for dads
- Space to lease to other ministries or small churches for events & worship services
The Center is located on McDowell Road in an area once known as the “Gateway” to the City of Phoenix. We are excited to re-purpose this space as the “Gateway” to loving and serving our neighbors and bringing the hope of Christ to our City!
Our community partners have already donated $330,000 towards the amount needed for renovation of the building. We are looking for partners willing to commit a one-time gift of $10,000+ or commit to a multi-year gift to help us meet the remaining cost of purchasing and renovating our permanent facility.